With Summer almost over here’s a recipe to make the most of our beautiful summer peaches with this wonderful peach chutney to accompany our pasture fed free range pork. Serves 4.
- 2 medium peaches peeled, pitted, and chopped
- One 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 4 thick pieces
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 pork cutlets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the peaches, ginger, shallot, sugar, thyme sprig, a pinch each of salt and pepper, and 1 Tbs. water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the peaches have collapsed and released their juices, about 20 minutes; discard the ginger and thyme sprig.
- Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a wide, shallow dish and stir to combine.
- Season the pork cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat the cutlets in the flour mixture, shake off any excess
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and cook over medium heat until deep golden-brown all over.
Mash the peach chutney with a potato masher until slightly chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with your pork cutlets.