I’ve made this salad many times, and I love it! It’s a great one to do when you’re already cooking some meat on the BBQ, and it makes a great accompaniment to our BBQ Butterflied Leg of Lamb recipe.
- 1 (about 1.5kg) butternut pumpkin, quartered lengthways, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Preheat a barbecue on medium. Brush the pumpkin slices with a little of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on barbecue for 1 minute each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Add onion to the barbecue and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until it softens. Remove from heat.
- Place the spinach, feta, pumpkin and onion in a large serving bowl. Combine the mustard, vinegar and remaining oil in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve immediately.