Every so often I make a dish that gets the thumbs up from everyone in the house. This recipe was my most recent success story! Cheers, Alison (serves 4).
Note: Our dinner party consisted of two females and two males so the girls had 1 cutlet each and the boys had 2 each. You might like to adjust the recipe depending on who you’re serving and how much they eat.
- 6 Pork Cutlets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Zest of small lemon (more or less according to your preference)
- Wrap cutlets in cling wrap and beat with a mallet until flattened to your liking.
- Whisk mustard and egg together.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients and place in shallow dish.
- Dip each cutlet in egg and then coat both sides in the breadcrumb mixture. For best results, coat and crumb lightly and repeat on each cutlet.
- Refrigerate for half an hour; longer if you can.
- Fry in shallow oil until golden brown.
Serve with either a simple baby spinach salad, or mashed potato and steamed greens for a more wintery feel.