- 2 Free Range Chicken Frames
- 1 large Onion, quartered
- 4 Carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 4 stalks of Celery, cut in half
- A handful of fresh Thyme
- A handful of fresh Basil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 whole cloves of Garlic
- 9 cups of water or enough to cover all ingredients
- Place all ingredients in large stockpot on stove and bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer uncovered for 5-6 hours.
- Strain and discard all solid ingredients leaving just the chicken stock.
- Allow to cool and then place in containers and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip: If you are going to freeze, make sure not to overfill the jars as the liquid stock will expand. If you are going to keep the stock in the fridge, then leave the layer of fat on top of the liquid as this will act as a protective layer against any air born bacteria and the stock will last longer.