I love Frittata for it’s simplicity and also the option to substitute ingredients with whatever you have on hand. And as the Mum of young kids I love to see them gleefully (and perhaps unknowingly!) eating their leafy greens!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 – 2 onions,roughly chopped
- 1 glove of garlic, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 150g leg ham, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of spinach leaves, just cooked (i.e. 1 minute in microwave or boiling water) and finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat half the oil in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Combine eggs, cream, cheeses, ham, spinach and onion mixture in a medium bowl. Add cooled onion mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in a 20cm heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over low heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are starting to set on the bottom.
- Transfer frying pan to oven and cook frittata for 20 minutes or until just set.