This super moist, roast chicken has a distinct lemony flavour. If you’re not a big fan of lemon, I’d suggest halving the amount of lemon juice.
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 1 medium-large lemon)
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and place chicken in a baking dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Remove marinade from the heat and pour over chicken.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 30 minutes per 500g, basting regularly with the marinade.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes, then carve.
TIP: Leftover roast chicken, stored in the fridge, should be eaten within 4 days.