- 500g Grass Fed beef mince
- 2 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning
- 6 slices free range pasture fed bacon, diced
- 6 medium sized long potatoes
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the potatoes by making thin slices along the potato without cutting all the way through to the bottom. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Rub the garlic and butter between the cuts. Cook for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, pan fry bacon until crispy and set aside. Without washing pan, add mince and brown, breaking up lumps as you go. Add taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of water and simmer until mince is cooked and water absorbed.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, stuff with beef mince mixture, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Top with bacon, sour cream and chives and serve.
TIP: use chopsticks or a wooden spoon to stop you cutting all the way through the potatoes.