A delicious and tasty family meal. Serves 4-5.
- Pasture Fed Butterflied Lamb Leg
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsps rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsps fresh mint, chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 3/4 redcurrant jelly
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a bowl combine garlic, rosemary, wine, soy and half the mint.
- Place lamb in a flat baking dish, pour over marinade and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Drain marinade from lamb.
- Roast lamb for 10 minutes at 220 degrees then reduce oven to 180 degrees and roast for a further 35 minutes (or until cooked to your liking).
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile place butter, jelly, tomato sauce, orange rind and remaining mint in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil and thickens slightly.
- Slice lamb and place on plates. Drizzle with sauce.