With baby number two on the way, my food cravings are all over the place. Sometimes it’s all about sweet, sometmes it’s all about savoury and at the moment it’s all about carbs! This dish wins on both the flavour and filling fronts.
- 2 smoked chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 350g fresh linguine
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 300ml thick cream
- 2 tsps fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the leek and cook over low heat until soft. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Pour in the wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the mushrooms and thyme and cook for 5 minutes for until any excess liquid has been absored. Add the cream and sliced chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and divide among serving plates. Spoon on the sauce and serve with garlic bread for a real carb fix.