- 1 kg American Pork Ribs
- Olive oil
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2cm piece ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100ml soy sauce or Tamari
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 150ml unsweetened apple juice
- 2 heaped tablespoons tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Drizzle a little oil over the ribs, season with salt and pepper and rub all over to coat.
- Deseed the chilli and finely chop, peel and grate the ginger and garlic then place all marinade ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Continue to whisk all ingredients until sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Place ribs in a large roasting pan, brush with marinade and cover with foil. Cook in oven for 30 minutes and then baste with marinade. Cook for another 30 minutes and then remove foil, baste again and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes until done. Finish under the grill for 5 – 10 minutes to ensure ribs are really sticky. Keep basting as necessary.
- Transfer ribs to board, slice and enjoy.