In keeping with the Australia Day theme, we thought a lamb recipe was called for… and you can’t get more Aussie than this recipe, which uses Vegemite as a marinade!
- Pasture Fed Leg of lamb
- 2 – 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Vegemite
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Using a sharp knife, make 10 or so incisions in the leg of lamb
- Place a slice of garlic and a sprig of rosemary in each incision
- Rub the lamb with olive oil
- Spread the Vegemite on the lamb until the entire leg is covered
- Place lamb in oven and cook according to weight (1 hour per kilo).
Note: The leg of lamb can also be cooked in the BBQ with the lid down. If cooking on the BBQ, use an aluminium foil tray turned upside down to place the lamb on (this will prevent the underside from burning). A leg of lamb will serve 6 – 8 people.