- 1kg pork belly, scored
- 2 granny smith apples, halved
- Sea salt flakes
- 1 baby fennel, sliced finely
- ¼ head radicchio leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Sea salt flakes and pepper for seasoning
- To prepare the pork place it onto a large roasting tray, ensure the skin is very dry and then score the skin with a sharp knife. Pour over approximately a tablespoon of oil and massage sea salt into the skin.
- Cook the meat for two hours at 150 degrees, until the skin & fat is rendered and soft.
- Add the apples mid-way through cooking so they become nice and soft.
- Once the belly is slow roasted, turn your oven up to 220 degrees for 10-15 mins and the skin will crackle and puff under the high heat. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn. Allow the pork to rest before carving.
- To make the salad, mix the fennel and radicchio leaves in a bowl. Dress with olive oil and sherry vinegar and toss.
- To serve, place a couple of slices of pork, some apples and salad on each plate.