Daylight saving has started, the weather is warmer, lamb is at it’s best. I’m confident you’ll love this recipe. (Serves 4.)
- Coat the lamb with olive oil, season and brown on both sides on a barbecue or in a hot frying pan.
- Rest meat for a few minutes while you make the salad.
- Cook the peas in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Toss the rocket, peas, mint, feta and onion together, season and dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
- To serve: Slice the lamb and arrange with the salad.
- 4 pasture fed lamb rumps or 2 backstraps
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups of rocket
- 1 cup of peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn or chopped
- 300g feta, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
I like to rinse the peas under some cold water so that they’re cool when mixed in with the other salad ingredients
Do you like warm salads? Or do you think they’re a meal having an identity crisis?