- 1 Whole Chicken
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- 3 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 Lemon, cut in half
- 3 cups of water
- 2 Onions, quartered
- 1 cup of Celery, cut into chunks
- 1-2 carrots, cut into chunks
- Rinse and pat dry chicken then add salt & pepper.
- Add lemon, a couple sprigs of rosemary & garlic cloves to the cavity of the chicken.
- Add a few more sprigs of rosemary and garlic under the breast skin.
- Place the onion, celery and carrot in the bottom of the slow cooker and place chicken on top.
- Add the water and cover cook for 4-8 hours on low.
- In the last hour of cooking, add some green vegetables like zucchini, green beans, peas or broccoli.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker and remove all meat. To serve, add soup liquid and vegetables to a bowl and top with chicken meat.
- Save carcass, all bones and leftover liquid to make a chicken broth.
TIP: Leftover meat can be used for Chicken & Avocado Salad or Caesar salad the next night and lunches.