- 1 kg grass fed Ox Tail
- 4 carrots, diced
- half celery root, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 litre beef stock
- 500 ml dry red wine
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dry thyme
- salt and pepper
- Brown the Ox Tail on all sides in oil.
- Add onion and sweat for 2-3 mins, then add garlic, carrots and celery.
- Add tomatoes, wine, beef stock, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Bring to boil to de glaze pan.
- Place browned Ox Tail into bottom of slow cooker and add tomato mixture over the top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove Ox Tail and blend liquid to create soup.
- Place Ox Tail into bowl pour over soup. Can be served with pasta or rice
Tip: Pre Heat your slow cooker before adding the Ox Tail and Tomato Mixture