These bacon and asparagus skewers make a great hors d’oeuvres, side at a BBQ or as an entrée when entertaining guests. You can wrap the bacon around the asparagus in traditional way but for a quick and easy option just thread them onto skewers. If you are using wooden skewers then soak them overnight so they don’t burn but I have metal skewers I can re-use.
- 1-2 packs of Streaky bacon
- 1-2 bunches of asparagus
- Wash and trim asparagus and cut into equal pieces
- Slice bacon into 2-3 pieces
- Thread asparagus and bacon until the skewer is full
- Grill over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until bacon is crisp