All our ham is already ‘cooked’ (this is what happens during the smoking process) so there’s no need to do anything with it if you don’t want to… but if you do, here’s a lovely glazed baked ham recipe.
- 1 cooked leg of ham
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried cloves
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced).
- Combine grated orange zest, orange juice, mustard, sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove skin from ham and score fat in a diamond shape.
- Press a clove into the centre of each diamond shape.
- Spread glaze over ham.
- Bake for up to 2 hours, basting every 20 minutes.