Beef Brisket is a favourite in our household and we usually slow roast it in the oven. This time we are aiming for shredded BBQ beef style. Using your slow cooker allows you to shred up the beef in the cooking juices for easy to make tacos or burritos. This is also great if you are planning on entertaining as you can cook the brisket the day before and just reheat when your guests have arrived and you are ready to eat.
- Grass Fed Beef Brisket
- 2-3 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 drops of liquid smoke (if you have it)
- Smother the beef in the taco seasoning
- Add all your liquid ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Place the piece of beef into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When cooking time is up, grab two forks and shred the beef into the cooking liquid. Leave to sit until ready to serve.
- Serve up a banquet of BBQ beef brisket, tacos, burritos, salads and sides.