- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1kg Grass Fed Beef Stock Bones
- 1kg Grass Fed Brisket Bones
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2L of filtered water
- Place the vegetables and bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place bones on top.
- Drizzle apple cider vinegar on bones and add water to cover everything.
- Cook on low for 24-48 hours.
- Ensure broth stays at a very low simmer so lift the lid of the slow cooker once in a while to reduce heat if necessary and add more water if its reducing too much.
- When ready, strain broth and discard solids.
- Allow to cool and pour in to jars, ice-cube trays or your preferred container. Store some in fridge for drinking within 4 days and freeze the rest.
- You can just use stock bones if you prefer but I like to mix the two for a really good gelatinous broth.