If you’ve run out a ideas for quick mid-week meals and also want something budget conscious then this is your go to meal. We’ve given you another idea on how to use beef mince.
- 500g grass fed beef mince
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 handful snow peas
- 1 tsp of each spice to taste: salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme
- Brown beef mince in a large wok adding spices as you stir
- When mince is almost done, add onions and carrots.
- Once onions and carrot start to soften, add the cabbage and cook for about 10 mins.
- Add snow peas and more spices as needed for 2 mins.
- Serve on rice or in a bowl topped with sour cream or guacamole.
- Add cumin, chili powder and salsa for a Mexican version
- Add Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce) and ginger for an Asian version
To my mind this is also a great dish for leftovers as lunch the next day. You could put it in the kids lunchboxes or even take it to work yourself. I’d happily eat this cold the next day topped with a bit of guacamole.