This is a great mid-week meal that any member of the family could cook up. The addition of the chorizo gives it a great smokey but not too spicy flavour. Bonus is that I had some leftover cooked chicken breast in the fridge so it made this super fast and easy.
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 500g Free Range Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- your favourite pasta eg: rigatoni, twists
- 1 jar of Pasta sauce
- Boil water and start cooking pasta before starting next step.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large fry pan.
- Fry onion, garlic, chill and chorizo until onion is soft. Make sure to brown chorizo on both sides.
- Remove onion mixed and cook chicken in batches in your pan.
- Drain the pasta noodles and add to the pan with chorizo & onion mixture plus cooked chicken.
- Pour over pasta sauce. I didn’t use the whole jar as the kids don’t like it to wet and sloppy.
- Mix and serve in bowls. Top with chopped basil and some grated parmesan if you like.