Chicken Caesar Salad would be a favourite in everyone’s household and it certainly is in ours.
To make the preparation time quicker, I often make Chicken Schnitzel the night before, reserve half, and then use it in this Caesar Salad the following night.
- 500g Free Range Chicken Breast, panfried and sliced
- 250g Free Range Bacon, chopped
- Small Cos Lettuce
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cooled and sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shavedDressing
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Place the eggs in to a saucepan of cold water over medium heat. Bring to gentle simmer and cook for 8 minutes for hard-boiled. Remove with a slotted spoon and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Heat a fry pan to medium high and add the chopped bacon. Cook until crisped to your liking. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chicken and fry on each side until golden brown. Remove and slice.
- Separate the Cos leaves and wash and dry thoroughly, layer in your serving plate or bowl.
- Next add the chicken, bacon, sliced eggs and avocado.
- Finally scatter over the shaved Parmesan.
- Process the egg yolk, mustard, garlic, lemon and Parmesan in a food processor until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over the salad, or serve on the side and allow each person to dress their own salad.
A word about croutons
I don’t normally include croutons, but if you would like to, I recommend making them as follows:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cut a baguette in to thin slices and place pieces on a baking tray
- Brush each piece with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes or until golden
- While they’re still hot, rub each side with a piece of cut garlic