My favourite way to cook is when it all happens in one pan. This Chicken Cutlets Bake so was easy and the caramelised onion and mushrooms with the kale was divine.
- 1kg Free Range Chicken Cutlets
- 4 tbsp oil for cooking
- 1 large onion, halved & sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 300g mushrooms (a mix of button and swiss), halved
- 4-6 stalks of kale, stems removed
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in large oven proof pan on high heat. Brown chicken thighs skin-side down until crispy then turn over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Turn the pan down to medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil and cook the onions, garlic and rosemary until onions soften. Turn the heat back up to high and add the mushrooms and stir for 2-3 mins. You don’t need to fully cook through as you are about to put it all together in the oven.
- Add the chicken cutlets back into pan with the onion mixture. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, de-stem your kale and tear into big pieces. Add to a bowl and toss with some olive oil.
- After 30 minutes, increase oven to 200 degrees. Remove pan and scatter kale around chicken pieces. Place pan back in oven for 5-10 minutes.
- You can roast some potatoes whilst you have the oven on to serve with this dish. Also add a side of broccoli (just because it’s my son’s favourite vegetable).