Curried sausages will surely bring back memories of your childhood. Mum use to cook this on a regular basis when we were kids. We use to hate the peas but she always put them in and the funny thing is, I do the same for my kids today as well. This is easy to make for mid-week dinners and great for leftovers for the next day.
- 1 packet Plain Beef Sausages (Preservative & Gluten Free)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fruit chutney
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in large, heavy based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Cook sausages in batched, turning for 5 to 6 minutes until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic stirring for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add fruit chutney and stock. Return sausages to pan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes or until they are cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Stir in peas and season with salt and pepper. Cook until peas are heated through.
- Served with mashed potato or steamed rice and sprinkle with parsley.