A mid-week pasta dish is a winner for the whole family. Easy for the cook to prepare and delicious for the family to eat. Dishes like this use staples we are all likely to have in the fridge and pantry. I know I always have a pack of bacon in the fridge. You can also add some cooked chicken to this dish to up the protein count and keep everyone nice and full.
- 500g Fettucini pasta
- 250g Low Nitrate Bacon, thinly sliced
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 120g spring onions
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 360ml coconut milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- If adding chicken breast to your dish, heat some oil in your frypan and cook in batches. Otherwise proceed to Step 2.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a fryan and add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add mushrooms, spring onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft. Set aside.
- Mix ¾ cup of Parmesan with the coconut milk in a jug.
- Drain pasta once cooked and return to saucepan. Add beaten eggs and mix. Add coconut milk mixture and stir gently until all combined.
- Sprinkle cornflour over pasta and stir over low heat until it starts to thicken. Add in bacon mixture and spinach and stir gently.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan with spring onions sprinkled on top.