In the unlikely event that you’ve got leftover ham, this is a nice idea for a lazy Boxing Day lunch.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thickly sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 100g gruyere cheese, cut into small cubes (can substitute with Swiss cheese or Jarlsberg if easier)
- 150g leg ham, chopped
- 50g rocket leaves, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat half the oil in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Combine eggs, cream, parmesan, gruyere, ham, rocket and leek in a medium bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a 20cm heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over low heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are starting to set on the bottom.
- Transfer frying pan to oven and cook frittata for 20 minutes or until just set.