There is nothing better than a lamb roast on Sunday night when the family can sit around the dinner table and reconnect after a busy weekend.
- Leg of Lamb
- 1 tbs chopped Rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs honey
- 1.5 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Remove leg from packaging at least 30 mins before cooking. The leg needs to be at room temperature before you start so it cooks evenly. Take note of the weight of the leg.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced) and place lamb into your roasting pan.
- Combine oil, mustard, honey, garlic and rosemary in a bowl and rub mixture over lamb.
- Roast for 40 minutes per kilo for medium (or until cooked to your liking).
- Don’t forget to add in roast vegies along the way. Potatoes and beetroot will go in first, then try zuchinni, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- Once your leg is cooked to your liking, remove from pan and place on a board or a plate and cover with foil and rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Slice and serve with your roast vegies and steamed greens.
Don’t forget the key to any roast is to ensure your meat is at room temperature before you start cooking and that you rest it for at least 10 minutes before carving. To make slicing the roast easier, make sure your knife is nice and sharp. Enjoy.
Hopefully there are enough slices of lamb leftover for a yummy sandwich tomorrow.