This Mexican style lamb mince is a delicious and easy mid week meal. The kids love it and it works well as leftovers the next day.
- 500g Pasture Fed Lamb Mince
- 3 rashers Free Range Low Nitrate Bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 cups spinach, kale or rocket
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or butter for cooking
- Heat a large cast iron pan on medium to high heat and add coconut oil. Place onions into pan and fry for 2 mins and then add bacon. Keep frying your onion and bacon for approximately 4 minutes until the bacon starts to crisp up. Now add your zucchini slices and fry on both sides until nice and brown.
- Remove the onions, bacon and zucchini to a bowl, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Now add your lamb mince and garlic and cook until the lamb mince is brown all over. Break up any chunks of meat with your spatula.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper and stir through. Return the cooked onions, bacon and zucchini to the pan and mix through.
- Now add your greens and the Tamari and turn off the heat and mix until greens are wilted.
- Serve your Mexican Lamb Mince in a bowl, with a side salad, topped with avocado, in lettuce cups or with some sweet potato chips.