Cooking a roast is one of the easiest and fuss free meals. Follow these tips for a perfect result every time.
- Remove Lamb from fridge and take it out of the Cryovac packaging (taking note of the weight of your roast). Allow the meat to come to room temperature before cooking (30 – 45 minutes).
- Rub a generous amount of oil and salt over the meat.
- For extra flavour, make some small incisions on the top of the Lamb and insert a piece of thinly sliced garlic inside each cut. (Alternatively, place whole, unpeeled garlic cloves straight in to the roasting pan and when cooked squeeze out the garlic to serve with your lamb.) Fresh Rosemary leaves can also be sprinkled on top.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and roast for 45 minutes per kilogram for medium doneness, or 60 minutes per kilogram if you like it well done. To check your roast is cooked, pierce the meat with a sharp knife or fork and look for light pink (medium) or clear juices (well done).
- Rest under foil for 10 – 15 minutes then carve.