We love pork mince for its versatility and that you can pack in heaps of flavours when using it. To make sure these meatballs had plenty of ‘punch’ I doubled the spices for this recipe. As an alternative, you could always finely chop a chorizo sausage or two and add it to the mix instead of the spices. This is helpful if you have an open pack of chorizo sausage and need to use them up.
- 500g pasture fed pork mince
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion Powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place pork mince in a bowl and add all spices. Mix thoroughly with your hands and roll into 12-14 evenly sized meatballs.
- Pre-heat oven to 180
- Heat oil in frypan and brown off the meatballs in batches. Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Once the meatballs are browned place in an overproof dish and cover with pasta sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve over mashed cauliflower or potato, zucchini noodles, pasta, or just some rocket or spinach for a light meal.