Pork San Choy Bow or Lettuce Wraps is a super healthy, family friendly meal. Very quick and easy to make mid-week and if you double up on the mince, you’ll have leftovers for lunches. Chicken or Turkey mince are great substitutes and there is no reason you couldn’t make this dish with beef mince for something different.
- 500g pork mince (double up if you want leftovers)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 x 230g can of water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicum, diced
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- fresh coriander – add as much as your family enjoys
- 1 iceberg lettuce, cups trimmed and washed (see tip)
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and shallots, cook for 2 minutes.
- Place mince into pan and stir until brown.
- Add capsicum, carrot, zucchini, water chestnuts, and sauces. Simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, add coriander. Mix.
- Serve in lettuce cups.
- Iceberg Lettuce is typically used in this recipe, however I find that Cos Lettuce makes perfect boats that don’t fall apart
- Try doing a little preparation earlier in the day if you can. Either just chopping and preparing all your ingredients or if you have time cook the entire dish. That way you’ll have this on the table in 10 minutes when its dinner time.