Mince is such a versatile product, from Spaghetti Bolognaise to rissoles to tacos. This recipe is for beef kofta (kebabs) which is a Middle Eastern dish and is a good alternative to hamburgers on the barbeque.
- 1 kg grass fed beef mince
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 egg
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for at least an hour before use to prevent burning.
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, juice, spices, nuts, herbs and egg in large bowl.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls and thread three onto each skewer. Place skewers on a tray, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook beef kofta on heated oiled grill or barbeque until browned all over and cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of Cous Cous, accompanied by yoghurt combined with cucumber.