This Beef Stroganoff has your traditional stroganoff flavours but uses a cheaper cut of meat and is just so simple in the slow cooker. I promise you don’t need any liquid as the onions and mushrooms produce the liquid during the cooking process.
- 500g Grass Fed Diced Beef
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Add all your spices to a bowl and give it a quick stir. Add your diced beef and mix thoroughly to coat the beef in the spices.
- Place the sliced onion, then the mushrooms onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Lay the seasoned beef over the top.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours. It won’t matter if you cook for a bit longer.
- After five hours and the meat is tender, add the coconut cream, vinegar and any additional salt and pepper. Stir the entire mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cook for another hour on low with the lid ajar.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or zucchini noodles.
- This recipe reheats really well. I cooked in my slow cooker, then once cooled, popped into the fridge overnight and just reheated in the slow cooker for dinner the next night.