- 500g grass fed Beef Mince
- 1-2 tbsps* of Taco Seasoning (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 carrot, grated
- 200g cheese, grated
- 2 cups, lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 avocado, mashed with a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 packet of taco shells or burrito wraps
- 1 small tub of sour cream
- 1 jar of salsa sauce
- 2 tbsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- Combine spices in a bowl and store in airtight jar ready for use. Feel free to double recipe for more meals or give a jar to a friend as a gift. Use 2-3 tbsp per 500g mince.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to a frypan and bring to medium heat. Add beef mince and stir until browned all the way through breaking up the lumps with your wooden spoon as you go.
- Add taco seasoning and water to pan and continue stirring until cooked through and water absorbed.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C whilst you are preparing other taco ingredients into individual bowls.
- Place tacos in oven and heat through as per packet instructions.
- For a fun family dinner, place all your bowls on a Lazy Susan in the middle of the table and let everyone create their own style of taco or burrito.
* 2tbsps of seasoning gives lots of flavour and may be a little too spicy for young kids. If serving to young kids who don’t like spicy food, use only 1tbsp or 1.5tbsps of seasoning.