This is a Donna Hay recipe which has been adapted by our friend Trish McPherson. Thanks Trish!
- 650g Pasture Fed pork fillet, sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Bean Sprouts
- Boiled rice to serve
- Make salad of thinly sliced cucumbers and bean sprouts (or whatever you are using) with chopped mint and coriander.
- Pan fry pork fillet until brown and nearly cooked then remove.
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and ginger to pan and cook until is sugar dissolved and starting to caramelise.
- Return pork to pan and reheat.
- Serve pork and sauce over salad with boiled rice.
Trish’s tip: If you don’t have bean sprouts you can use snow peas, sugar snaps or asparagus; just lightly steam and then refresh.