This is a great way to do something different with mince meat. Works best with pork or turkey mince.
- 500g pasture fed pork mince or organic turkey mince
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp grated fresh turmeric
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 small thai chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 big handful of spinach
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat.
- Add, onion, ginger, turmeric, garlic, lemongrass and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork mince and cook for approximately 3 mins until pork is white all over. Use a wooden spoon to break up the chunks of meat.
- Add the sugar and fish sauce. Stir once and then leave to cook until all the juices cook out and pork starts to caramelise – about 2-3 mins. Stir again and then leave for 1 min to get more caramelisation. Repeat once or twice more until caramelised to your liking.
- Add in carrot and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Serve over vermicelli noodles or in bowl with quinoa, cucumber and lettuce. Sprinkle top with shallots and cashews.