- 3 tbsp oil
- 1kg Grass Fed diced beef
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 600ml hot beef stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Heat up the oil in your Dutch oven or casserole dish. Dredge the beef in the seasoned flour and fry in 2-3 batches until well-browned. Once browned, remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Turn down the heat and place the onions in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add in the garlic and tomato puree, stir, then add the beef back in.
- Sprinkle the beef with the paprika, salt and pepper and stir to coat, then pour in the canned tomatoes, beef stock and honey. Stir and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan and stir. Then place a lid on and into the oven to cook for 3 hours.
- Check and stir 2 or 3 times during cooking to ensure nothing is sticking and that there is still plenty of liquid (you can add a splash of water if needed).
- After 3 hours, add in the capsicum, stir and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from oven and give a good stir and then swirl sour cream on top, sprinkle with parsley and serve over pappardelle pasta.