The colours in this salad are so vibrant, it makes it even more appealing to eat. I found it’s substantial enough to just have this salad with a serve of meat and dinner is done. Simple.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 whole cobs of corn (approx. 1.5 cups)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from one lime
- Steam the corn, allow to cool and then slice it from the cob.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Either mix the olive oil and lime juice together and pour over, or do them separately and then toss gently to coat.
TIP: This salad can be eaten immediately, but is even better if you can leave it to sit in the fridge for at least an hour and allow the flavours to develop (the lime will prevent the avocado from browning).
If you have any leftovers they will keep for up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy!