You can multi-task all the elements of this dish at same time to get it on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 2 Duck Breast fresh or smoked
- 4 rashes Free Range Bacon
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 red apples, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- grind of black pepper and grind of salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Lay bacon flat on a baking tray, place in oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning half way.
- For fresh duck breast, place breast skin side down in a cold oven proof frypan and turn heat on to medium/high. Saute for approximately 10 minutes until skin is crispy.
- Flip breast and sear for another minute, then place in oven and roast for approx 4-6 minutes.
- Whilst duck is cooking and then resting, make vinaigrette by placing all ingredients in a jar and shaking well. Place lettuce in two bowls, add apples and cooked bacon. Add sliced duck breast to top of salad and pour over vinaigrette and serve. You could also add some walnuts or dried cranberries to the salad.
For smoked duck breast, gently heat skin-side down in a fry pan for about 4 minutes, then flip and heat for 2 minutes. Slice and serve on top of salad.