This was a pot luck pasta dish that came together as a result of some leftover pre-Christmas Ham and it was a hands down winner with everyone at the table.
- 300ml cream
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy based saucepan, add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until just soft, then add the mushroom and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ham and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream and very gently bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring regularly, to avoid the sauce sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cooked pasta, and salt and pepper to the pan and toss until well combined.
- Serve in bowls, top with parmesan and finally shallots.