At the risk of sounding too much like Darryl Kerrigan from The Castle… I just love rissoles! I like them because I can do the preparation ahead of time, add whatever ingredients I do or don’t have, everybody eats them without complaint, and they’re still great served cold the next day. Really, how could you not love rissoles?
- 500g grass fed beef mince
- 150g free range bacon (2 – 3 rashers) trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (stalks and all)
- Oil for frying
- Combine mince, bacon, egg, carrot, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 12 rissoles.
- Refrigerate for 30 – 60 minutes (the longer the better).
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook rissoles, in 3 batches, for 6 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.