Serves 4 / makes 12 meatballs
- 500g Free Range Pork Mince
- 1/3 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Fresh Parmesan
- ¼ cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tspn Olive Oil (plus 3tbsps more for frying and the sauce)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 250g button brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 300ml pure cream
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Mix the meatball ingredients (preferably with your hands), adding the breadcrumbs last.
- Heat a heavy based fry pan over medium high heat, add 2tbps olive oil and then just enough meatballs so that you can comfortably turn them. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do them in 1 or 2 batches.
- Fry the meatballs on all sides until they are brown, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat 1tbsp oil and add onion and cook stirring for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook stirring for 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle flour into pan and stir for 1 minute. Add stock, cream and mustard and stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Return meatballs to pan, add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes until meatballs are heated through.
- Serve with penne pasta and (optionally) steamed broccoli.