This warm wintery salad went down a treat and is not just a side dish. Delicious with warm slices of roast lamb, succulent lamb cutlets or lamb leftovers. Relish this.
– beetroot apple n orange relish finishes off this dish perfectly.
- 400g Pasture Fed lamb fillet or 4-6 lamb cutlets
- Kumera (aka. sweet potato)
- Red onion (chop into quarters)
- Feta cheese
- Rocket (small handful per person)
- Home made croutons (leftover breadroll roughly cut into bite size pieces)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut zucchini horizontally into long slices, sprinkle with salt and let sit for a bit to remove excess juice. Add to hot pan, cook til golden on both sides and set aside (keep pan to cook lamb).
- Peel, cut, and boil kumera til softened, drain (will add to oven shortly).
- Prepare your lamb to be cooked with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper (let it sit for a couple of minutes to get to room temperature if not already).
- Grab your pan, once hot, quickly sear the lamb on all sides then pop in roasting tray. (If using lamb cutlets, cook these 5 minutes before the roasted veggies are ready.)
- Add all roasting ingredients into oven tray together (lamb fillet, kumera, red onion. Add little swig of olive oil, salt and pepper and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Butter or oil spray bread bits with a sprinkle of favourite dried herb (mixed/oregano/Italian) or rub with a garlic clove and throw in oven for 5 minutes (cooking spray oil makes the best crunchy croutons!).
- Swish together all roasted ingredients in big bowl with cut up zucchini slices, handful of washed rocket, good swig olive oil, good handful of feta, little pinch salt and pepper (add sprinkle of pine nuts last).
- Slice the cooked lamb fillet thickly (to retain heat).
To serve, pile plate high with salad and lay lamb fillet slices / lamb cutlets over salad to the side. Spoon the beetroot apple n orange relish
over lamb and salad. Voila!
PS: Sarah Ladyman from relish this. will be launching her new blog including recipes like this very soon. Check out www.relishthis.com.au for details.
- Pine nuts
- Roasted red capsicum or baby beets
- Herb infused olive oil
- Swap bread roll for baguette, sourdough or Turkish bread