- 8 chicken cutlets
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 large lemongrass stalk, outer woody stalk removed and minced on microplane
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Make the marinade by placing all ingredients (except chicken) into a large bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Massage chicken cutlets with marinade and place in bowl and marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. Place chicken skin side down on a wire roasting rack over a foil lined tray. Bake for 20 minutes then turn over chicken and bake for another 20-25 minutes until cooked through and skin is crispy.
- Serve with a garden salad with cucumber and lots of fresh herbs like coriander and mint.