This salad is a really filling meal, with chunky pieces of tomato and cucumber giving it lots of crunch. (Serves 4)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 Pasture Fed lamp rump steaks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps chopped mint leaves
- Preheat BBQ or pan to medium high.
- To make the yoghurt dressing, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and mint and set aside.
- Combine the cumin, oil, salt and pepper and brush over the lamb.
- Toss the cucumber, onion, tomato and mint together.
- Cook the lamb for a few minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest for a few minutes then slice.
- If you prefer, spoon some of the dressing in to the salad and toss to gently coat.
- Serve the salad in to bowls, top with lamb and pour over the yoghurt dressing.