This is a great mid week recipe – less than 10 minutes to prepare, and then 10 minutes to cook.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 250g couscous
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 25g pine nuts
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Herbed couscous to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, add the hot stock and leave for 5 minutes.
- Toss chicken with cinnamon, salt and pepper, and stir fry in hot oil for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add the chilli and pine nuts and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest and 6 tablespoons of water. Let it bubble rapidly until slightly reduced.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over herbed couscous and serve immediately.