One of our market customers from Narrabeen gave me this pork spare rib soup recipe and insisted I try it. She asked me two weeks in a row before I got around to it. Well worth it as this was super nourishing and delicious. I even ate it for breakfast one morning.
- 1kg Pasture Fed Pork Spare Ribs, cut into bite size pieces (you could also slice up your own using a piece of pork belly)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1L filtered water
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced (I didn’t peel mine)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp ghee (or tallow)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add pork, onion, garlic, fennel seeds and water to your slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to cook for another hour or two or until pumpkin is soft and you are ready to eat.
- Extras freeze and reheat well for lunches or dinner.