- 1 kg Grass Fed Roast Beef (such as Blade Roast or Loin Roast)
- 4 tbs spice rub (see below)
- 1 olive oil spray
- Spice Rub
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs ground cloves
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut 6 deep slashes into the top of the roast.
- Combine Spice Rub ingredients and rub all over the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Place meat in roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast meat until it is cooked to your preference, basting with meat juices once or twice during cooking. (Rule of thumb is 1 hour per kilo for medium doneness, less for rare, and more for well done.)
- Rest meat for 20-30 minutes before carving into slices across the grain.
Tip: This Spice Rub mix is also great when sprinkled over chops or steak before grilling or frying.