This salad has to be one of my most favourite things to eat at the moment. It’s so flavoursome and substantial, it can be a meal on it’s own, or serve it with some simple grilled meat.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in to florets
- Olive oil for roasting
- 3 – 4 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1 cup of dates, chopped in to quarters
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp pepitas, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 220 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets in roasting tray and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cauliflower has just started to turn golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk and season well.
- Layer the rocket leaves on a salad dish or platter, then combine the cauliflower, dates, shallots, parsley and coriander and place on top of the rocket.
- Pour dressing over then garnish with toasted almonds and pepitas.