My friend Lainie is a superb cook and has very kindly opened up her recipe vault to share her Steak Sandwiches with Onion Jam. These are perfect for quick dinners or a special lunch.
- 300gm grass fed beef fillet steak, halved horizontally and then tenderised
- Bunch of rocket
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Turkish Bread
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Prepare steak then set aside.
- To make onion jam, slice onion thinly and add to a frypan with heated oil. Fry onions until tender then add vinegar and brown sugar, reduce heat and caramelise.
- Once onion jam is prepared, lightly fry sliced fillet steak, 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve on Turkish Bread with rocket, sliced tomatoes and onion jam.
TIP: Onion jam can be made ahead